Monday, October 19, 2015

Edgewood book review!

About a month ago, I received Edgewood by Karen McQuestion, and it was sent to me as a gift from her from Amazon. I want to apologize in advance of this review for taking so long to read it, but with school and other books to review, I was trying to get all of them finished at once. Again, sorry Karen!

Anyway, let's get started.

So Edgewood is about a 15-year-old guy named Russ Becker who has had sleeping problems for a while and takes walks at night to make him tired so he'll go to sleep. During one of his late-night walks, he walks around the abandoned train station in his neighborhood and witnesses lights falling from the sky. A day or 2 later, a girl named Mallory asks him to join her group of kids that have also seen this astronomical event. The group consists of Russ, Mallory, Jameson, and Nadia. He finds out once joining the group that everyone who's seen the lights have developed different abilities, like mind control and telekenisis. He also finds out that there are people hunting kids like them, known as the Associates, and they will stop at nothing until they've recruited these supernatural kids to join them.

Reading this book, I actually thought it was pretty good. At first, I didn't really like it. The writing style wasn't good, it was just sloppy like a teen writing a book for the most part. But after I actually got into it a bit more, I found it to be really cool and wanted to read more. Edgewood is a wild ride, not gonna lie. I don't even read science fiction that much, but I think this book has changed that for me. Overall 4/5 stars. I can't wait to read the rest of the trilogy and other books by Karen McQuestion!

No comments:

Post a Comment