Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Copper Gauntlet review!

Hey guys, here's another review for you! Today I'm reviewing The Copper Gauntlet by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black, book two in the Magisterium series. I received this book for review from Scholastic and I was surprised yet again with this book! This series just keeps getting better and better.



I don't wanna go too much into the plot so I don't reveal any spoilers for those who haven't yet started this series yet, so I'll just give a brief summary (spoiler-free, I promise!) Basically, Callum Hunt is on summer break from the magic school Magisterium, and his dad believes he is secretly evil (you learn in the first book that his dad pretty much thought the Magisterium was evil so it only makes sense to think his own son is evil after going there.) He ends up back at the Magisterium after finding out some of his dad's secrets in his basement, only to find that a copper gauntlet (hence the title), that has the power to take away magic from magicians, has been stolen. Callum and his friends go on a quest to discover who took the gauntlet and it's pretty epic.

I did a review for the first book, The Iron Trial, on my blog as well if you'd like to check that out. (http://themortaljessica.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-iron-trial-book-review.html?m=1)

I loved this book so much, it was super awesome! This series just keeps getting better and better with each book, even though this is only book #2, but I believe the third book will also be even better. The series is filled with exciting twists and turns and I love the characters. Callum is an awesome character and I find him easy to relate to in some ways. Overall 4.5 stars. Keep up the good work, Cassie and Holly! I love this series :)

No comments:

Post a Comment