Tuesday, December 1, 2015

November wrap-up

I read a few books this month, it was a pretty good reading month! I finally finished The Mortal Instruments series *cries* and it will definitely be my favorite of all time. No, scratch that, second favorite right behind The Infernal Devices.

1. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
This is the fifth book in the Mortal Instruments series. In this book, Sebastian is back but also gone again and has taken Jace with him. Clary tries her best to search for both of them so she can get her boyfriend away from her evil brother and hopefully defeat him. This book wasn't as good as I'd hoped, I'd give it roughly 4/5 stars. I really enjoyed it since I love this world and these characters so much, but I would've liked more out of it.

2. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
The final book in the Mortal Instruments series, Sebastian now has an army of evil Shadowhunters known as Endarkened and he plans to war with Shadowhunters, and it turns out to be their biggest battle yet. (Spoiler alert: the good Shadowhunters win. Duh.) If I could give this book 10/5 stars, I would. I loved it so much. It was the perfect end to this series, it was just amazing.

3. Rule of Three by Lore Graham
*I received this as an eBook from Less Than Three Press* This was a pretty short book about a guy named Ian who's rival constantly antagonizes him, so he tries to prove he can do real dark magic and summons an incubus named Alistair. He has to go through the consequences of summoning the incubus, who explains that his rival might be irritating because he wants more than just to be his rival. It may have been a short book but it was funny, sexy, and I absolutely loved Alistair. He was so witty and cunning. 4/5 stars, I wish it would've been longer.

4. Alice Takes Back Wonderland by David D. Hammons
*I received this as an eBook from Curiosity Quills*
Alright, I'm gonna be serious and just say that I have a big obsession with Alice in Wonderland. I love the story so much. So when I saw this, I knew I really wanted the opportunity to read it and talk about it here. I was sooo not disappointed with this one. I loved this retelling! In this story, Alice stops believing in Wonderland after years of people telling her she's crazy for believing in such a place. When the White Rabbit shows up again and brings her back to Wonderland, she believes again and realizes her childhood fantasy couldn't be more real. The Ace of Spades has taken over and Alice has to find some way to defeat him. I loved the idea of a new villain called the Ace of Spades, that was great. Alice is also pretty great in this, as she always is. 5/5!

5. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
*Read for book club* A girl who's allergic to literally everything, Madeline hasn't been outside in 17 years. Then a new boy moves in next door. She falls in love instantly, but she doesn't know how they can be together if she can't even go outside to see him. This book was just so cute and I loved it. I give it 4/5 stars, because I felt like towards the end it started getting a little rushed. I would've liked Maddy's relationship with her mom to be explored a little more, and to see what exactly was up with her mom after the *non-spoiler* big plot twist.

6. Inhuman by Kat Falls
*Read for book club* 18 years ago, a massive plague called Ferae wiped out most of the nation to the east. Therefore, a wall was built to keep people from going over there. Years later, Lane McEvoy gets a mission from a Biohaz director to go find her own father in the Feral Zone and have him do a fetch for her. If she can't complete the task, he will be executed. I honestly thought this book was really great. I know a lot of people don't like it and that's their own opinion, but it was actually really good. I liked the manimals and the Ferals, that was a really interesting concept. And now I've found out there's gonna be a book 2 in April! *excitement* 5/5 stars!

That's it for my wrap-up this month, thanks for reading! If you'd like to check out my other wrap-ups, you can go to my blog's homepage and look for wrap-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment