Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Lightning Fart book review

*I received a kindle copy of this book from the author*

This is literally the first time I've read a parody of a book. The Lightning Fart by Steve Lookner was written as a parody of The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, one of my favorite series, so when I saw this on Amazon, I freaked. I was like, "Oh my god. There's a parody of this? Yes, please!" I was so excited to check this out, I actually downloaded the sample first just in case I didn't like it, but what I read from the sample was hilarious. Thanks to Steve Lookner for sending me a copy, the book was absolutely amazing.

Percy Stinkson is a kid from Yancy Academy who gets made fun of a lot because, well, his last name is Stinkson, his best friend is a goat, and his favorite teacher is old and in one of those motorized wheelchair things. He and his class go on a field trip to a museum and a teacher, Mrs. Dodds, turns into a monster, and he gets nervous and farts, causing her to disappear. He learns many things about himself after this incident that he didn't know before, like him being a Half-Wit. 

If you haven't read The Lightning Thief or The Lightning Fart, you'll have no idea what I'm talking about, therefore I encourage you to read either of them, or both. Both is good.

I definitely recommend The Lightning Fart to anyone, unless you're one of those people that find farting disgusting and inappropriate instead of funny. Whether you've read The Lightning Thief or not, I think you'll enjoy this book. Go check it out. :)

-Jessica xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment